Monday, February 27, 2006

Red, White and Blue


As the Olympics came to an end this week, I began to run the previous two weeks of world events in my head.
The Olympics are suppposed to be a celebration of the world's "communities" coming together to share one dream, the hope that there will be peace and happiness in everyone's hearts while each country's best athletes compete for a medal, status and hopefully some high-paying endorsements.
But this year I wasn't "feelin'" the Olympic spirit. I probably only watched a combined 40 minutes of the games this year, disappointed that the world didn't stop to watch the games either. Besides my mom and my friend Laurie trying to squeeze every minute of Olympic viewing in, I don't know anyone else who cared.

After pondering the concept of the Olympics, I had an idea of U.S. Government Olympics. The idea behind Government Olympics is that the Red team (Republicans) and the Blue team (Democrats)will come together for atleast a month and not throw stones at each other. Why can't the U.S. government, republicans and democrats (and everyone inbetween, the White team) get together, shake each other's hands and listen and play nice with the other team without playing the blame game?